I found myself wanting to pull my hair out this afternoon as I discovered my three year old had emptied an entire box of Kleenex on the landing of our stairway. She also used the last roll of TP in the house, along with the Kleenex, in efforts to make herself a "comfy bed." In addition to the tissue and TP, she had emptied her drawers of clothes, the same drawers that I, just this morning, spent time organizing and folding because she emptied the drawers yesterday. I kept asking her why she did this, since we tell her repeatedly to not do these exact things. She said that she didn't know and proceeded to tell me that I hurt her feelings.
I didn't want to talk to her as I was stuffing the excess of tissue in a bag, and I didn't want her to talk to me. I was so frustrated.
As I tucked her in to bed tonight, I laid next to her for a while. I apologized for how upset I got this afternoon and told her how special she is to me and how much I love her. She told me it was okay and that I was special to her too. I love her so much and at the end of the day, I hope to be patient, loving, and gracious, and to never underestimate the weight that an apology holds, even to a three year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment