A man once said, "life is the sum total of what you do with the moments given you." I want to remember these moments.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
A new record
Reading is one of my favorite past times, but sometimes I forget that it is. Actually, it might be more related to the fact that it takes me a while to get into books. Maybe I just haven't found the right ones. I believe that I currently have five books that have been started and not finished.
That being said, I just read The Hunger Games series. Three books in less than a month. That is a record for me. I was so captivated and couldn't wait until I had a moment to read on. I am really looking forward to the movie to be released on March 23, 2012; so much so, that I have been researching the movie and cast.
Though I love Katniss with her compassionate, kick-ass, hunter, driven self; I absolutely adore Peeta. In fact, I would like him to be my friend. He is caring, loving, funny, intelligent, intuitive, level-headed, and has a really great heart. He says it how it is, yet remains thoughtful and non-threatening in the same manner. I am really going to miss those guys.
Anyway, I am trying to get my husband to read the series so that we can debrief and see the movie together. We'll see if I can convince him. Any recommendations for my next book?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cold Tangerines and Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist. I think I've already commented this before. Funny thing--I just had a friend recommend the Hunger Game series to me tonight before I read this entry. I'll take it as a sign....
ReplyDelete