Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fame and fortune

Last night, we went to the new TCF Stadium to see U2.  We won tickets through my work.  It seriously was like a miracle, and it was awesome!  It did downpour for about half of the show and it was as though I had jumped into a pool in my clothes, but it was worth it to see them and to have a fun, unexpected date night.  During the show, the Aquatennial fireworks were going off in the distance . . . along with some lightning and mighty winds.  Yikes! I did wonder if my life was going to end at a U2 concert.  In fact, on our way back to our car, I did mention that we should get a will in place.

Anyway, not only do I appreciate the amazing talent of Bono, The Edge, Larry, and Adam, but I equally appreciate the work they do to fight for justice.  They have a genuine concern for those suffering, for those among the least of us, and it is very much incorporated into their words.  I wonder what our world would look like if everyone with fame and fortune used it to fight for justice.  I respect those guys a ton!  And I love their music!

No comments:

Post a Comment