Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Songs

Do you ever listen to a song and it hits you somewhere deep within?  It is a song that you could listen to over and over . . . and do.

In college, a friend of mine introduced me to a song called "Until I Wake Up" by a band called Dishwalla.  This song is beautiful and the lead singer, J.R. Richards, has an amazing voice.  I can't quite put my finger on why this song never gets old for me, because when I think about it, the song is actually a little depressing.

Dishwalla's Opaline was released in 2002 and I have listened to it hundreds of times and as of just recently, I have been falling in love again with these songs.  It takes me right back to sitting in my office and listening to this album repeatedly as I worked.

Music is a really powerful thing.  If my life had a soundtrack (which it should), "Until I Wake Up" would probably be on it.  Thank you to the artists who share their amazing gifts for the rest of us to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment