I am slowly gaining more insight into the tragedy in Somalia. I mentioned in my last post about how 26,000 children under the age of five have died from starvation. If this isn't devastating enough, there are millions more at risk of losing their lives in this way. Aid is being withheld and people are being trapped as any freedom to find an alternative to the hell they're living is stripped from them.
I can't even begin to imagine the horror that the people in this region are experiencing. It quite honestly makes me feel ill thinking about it. In the midst of celebrating the Muslim holiday of Ramadan, nonetheless, where a month of fasting is observed from sun up to sun down, tens of thousands are dying of starvation not by their choosing.
During moments like these, I feel deep sadness and despair as the intense suffering continues to sweep across the world, as evil and darkness show their faces in a very visible way. I feel helpless, but am brought to my knees asking God to have mercy. I grasp on to hope for a better day and sometimes that helps. Lord have mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment