"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" screeched my daughter at the top of her lungs as she threw herself on to the floor and let out some cries. One might think that she just had her arm cut off or something of the sort.
I looked at her to get a read on the situation. It appeared that she was trying to put her Princess Presto cape on which straps around the neck and then attaches into place with velcro. She kept fiercely trying to get the pink cape up over her shoulders, but it was getting stuck around the mid-body and she couldn't seem to shimmy it up past her upper half in order to secure it and go about playing. I calmly asked her if she needed some help.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" she screamed back at me, "I'll do it myself!" This went on for several minutes - the screaming, crying, and demands that she do it herself.
When the noise had subsided, I looked over at her to assess the progress. I noticed that she was lying on the floor. With some further observation, I noticed that she was securing the cape strap. She had decided to lay the cape on the floor, lay her body on top of the cape positioning her neck precisely by the strap, and fasten the strap around her neck. Genius (for a three-year-old)!
"You did it!" I exclaimed with excitement while clapping my hands rejoicing in her great triumph.
She stood up, looked at me, and in a very matter-of-fact way stated, "I just needed to try again."
No comments:
Post a Comment