Thursday, February 10, 2011

J.E.W.


About eight years ago, I had a roommate who played the harp and loved classical music.  She also loved J.E.W. aka Jimmy Eat World.  It would be blaring on the stereo system from time to time as she went about her day.  Today, I live with someone who has a similar, perhaps greater, love for J.E.W. – my husband. 

Normally, when I drive alone, I drive in silence (unless I decide to break out in song).  I appreciate silence as there does not seem to be much found in an average day for me.  When I got into the car this morning, the radio was all ready on and I decided to sift through the stations: 101.3 (ehh), 91.1 (hmm), 98.5 (no), 94.5 (nah), 97.1 (blah), and so on and so forth.  Alas, nothing seemed to fit my disposition as I drove in the -10 degree temperature.  When braving these below freezing (dare I say, painful) temps, one must find the right music to stay motivated to continue on with the day.  Determined not to drive in silence this morning, I turned to the CD selection in hopes that something would prevail. 

There it was, right past Brandon Flowers (sorry Brandon) in slot number five.  Jimmy Eat World.  I was feeling it.  I really like one song in particular, “A Praise Chorus.”  I found myself listening to it repeatedly on the commute this morning, somewhat loudly I might add.  Loudly enough, in fact, that while waiting for a stoplight to turn green, I wondered if I was that person.  You know, the person who listens so loudly to the music that the other drivers sitting in their vehicles can hear it.  Secretly, I hoped I was that person.  This rockin’ anthem-like song should be heard by all!

Thank you J.E.W. for accompanying me on my very frigid commute this morning!

1 comment:

  1. I was inspired to check out this song by J.E.W. I <3 it.

    ReplyDelete