Okay . . . nap time is in session. I am listening to the noises of my children, who are not quite sleeping yet, ring through the monitors. A door opens and I hear footsteps upstairs. The door closes and the playing continues.
I have to admit that this is the daily routine when it comes to naps and can carry on for up to two hours. I am going to be patient this day as I sit here writing about how I try to live in the moment and all that jazz. So, I'll give them some extra time to burn some energy and settle down, maybe ten minutes or so.
My daughter has discovered how to work the monitor in her room in that she knows we can hear her through it and uses it for communication purposes. When she is in a bind (and doesn't feel like leaving her room) or REALLY wants to get our attention for whatever reason, she will get real close to the base and talk to us as if it were a microphone or something of the sort. Her little three-year-old voice blaring throughout our downstairs level as she makes her important announcement is not only startling, but brings a smile. Oh, the joys of nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment