If I had a day for me with no other responsibilities, it would look something like this (in no particular order):
1. Take the 25 or so items of clothes that have been lying in our room in a pile for the past couple of months or so to the consignment shop.
2. Take the two grocery bags of clothes that have been sitting in our room for about five months now to Goodwill.
3. Go to the mall and just wander; maybe spend some of my birthday money before it gets used to pay bills.
4. Take a nap.
5. Get a massage.
6. See some friends.
7. Organize my life.
Number 7 is a bit lofty, but one can dream. My 'me' day probably wouldn't look exactly like this, but a few of these things would be a must. After coming to the realization that I work five days or more a week and I am home all day with my kids four days a week, the space for 'me' time is extremely limited at best. I don't need much, but some here and there would be therapeutic. This is the beginning of my quest for 'me' time.
No comments:
Post a Comment