Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still small voice in the small places

So many times I feel a tension between the busyness of life and the desire for quietness and stillness.  I picture the craziness in front of me (it looks like work, family, finances, schedules, and life in general, in a sort of whirlwind type thing) and there I am trying to push those things aside in an outward motion to allow a clearing.  Then, instead of stepping into that cleared space to experience peace, I get overwhelmed by thinking about what should fill it and the whirlwind of life takes over once again enveloping the space I worked so hard to make.  It is a vicious cycle that has me caught between the craziness, and the desire for simplicity and the need to just be. 

What if, instead of feeling like I need to clear the brush and push everything aside to make space, I allow the quiet and stillness to infiltrate the wee pockets and the cracks in between the busy and crazy things?  I wonder if allowing God in whatever way, shape or form into these pockets and using the all ready naturally created space will bring relief and let me experience life.  Maybe the freedom to experience quietness, stillness, and simplicity lies in the small places of life and not only the large spaces we sometimes feel obligated to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment