Namaste is often said after completion of yoga or used to greet one another in India. It literally means "how me you" or "I bow to you." It is a greeting that recognizes the soul in one person by the soul in another.
This morning I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Sane. He and is wife, Kumud, who is also a doctor moved to the area in 1971 to start Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota - Minneapolis. Kumud was the one of the top doctors of endocrinology at the hospital. Both doctors retired and built a Hindu temple in Maple Grove.
Dr. Sane gave us a tour of this amazing temple that sits just five minutes from where I work. This building was beautiful. He briefly explained the Hindu religion and all of the statues in the place of worship. We saw some worshippers performing some rituals while we were there.
Not only was I impressed the detail and intricacies of the sculptures, but I was really impressed with Dr. Sane and Kumud. They were such cool people who very clearly love others. I hope that our paths cross again.
No comments:
Post a Comment